View Single Post
Old 12-09-2005, 11:03 PM

Default Re: HU hand vs. Dreamclown

[ QUOTE ]
(I'm not sure why you were playing him HU. You probably know your edge was really small if in fact you had an edge.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Realistically, given the amount of HU experience he has, the chance of me having a long term edge against this guy is very minute. I discussed this with BK as well. Basically, i really feel on top of my game right now, and i have been trying to polish my skills in various areas of Hold-em, including NL, short-handed NL, and recently HU limit. Basically, this guy is supposed to be one of the best there is. He was playing 500-1000 ealier in the night, and i felt like if i could play him at 1/2, it would be a good gage of how my game is progressing, and i could potentially learn from the experience.

Also, the fact that I have observed his play but he has absolutley no clue who i am gives me back some of what i lack in experience. Basically, i don't think my long term expectation of playing a few hundred hands with him is so bad that i couldn't take away enough to warrant the experience. Furthermore, while i may not be of his calibur, i'm also not a total slouch and there is a chance i will actually make some $$$, which fortuantley ended up happening.

I havent played with him enough to know tons about his play, but basically he is generally solid and very aggressive, so you have to be ready to scrap with him. I felt a key factor in playing him would be to control the # of bets going in on weakish draws and multi-street bluffs, because his HU experience gives him an advantage in these situations. My objective was to see if i could moderate the tempo to some degree and not let it turn into the kind of game in which he would likely thrive.