Thread: Too weak(?)
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2005, 08:43 PM

Default Re: Too weak(?)

Although SSHE says to limp PF, even Ed Miller now says you should raise PF here.

In any event, calling is probably the worst thing you can do on the flop. You should either raise or fold. Against this many opponents, you're probably screwed anyway, but raising might drive out some of them, while calling won't.

The problem I have with hands like this is that with this many opponents seeing the flop, at least one of them probably has a queen. Bad players love to play any face card, and any two is even better. So this flop may well have paired not only you, but also about half your opponents. At least one of the rest may have an ace and be waiting to spike top pair.

Raising here might drive out the aces that can beat you later, and the jacks that could pair their kicker, but in a game of loose, passive opponents, it will also drive the weak queens into call-down mode and you're beat at showdown.

Better opponents, had you raised PF and again on the flop, might put you on AA, KK, QQ, JJ, or AQ, and actually fold their queen with a bad kicker. Low-limit fish will never, ever do this. They'll call.

I suck at poker, and I may be completely wrong here, so maybe someone else will have a better plan.