View Single Post
Old 08-24-2005, 01:08 PM

Default Re: Party Bad Beat Jackpot: Absolute Crap?

[ QUOTE ]
Perhaps if I get bored I'll try to find a way to compare pokertracker data for BBJ vs. normal tables...

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, I got bored enough to give this a quick try...

I exported game data from pokertracker to Excel, sorted by table title, and then cut and pasted the BBJ tables to a new spreadsheet so I could compare them vs. normal tables.

Sample size was too small to compare win rates, but I think it is OK for avg. pot and rake comparisons (but I'm not great with statistics, so tell me if I'm wrong).

Anyway, this is what I found, pot size and rake in bb/hand:

2/4 BBJ: 6.47 pot, 0.31 rake (~10,000 hands)
2/4 normal: 6.36 pot, 0.22 rake (~3,000 hands)

3/6 BBJ: 6.25 pot, 0.29 rake (~3,500 hands)
3/6 normal: 6.09 pot, 0.22 rake (~1,000 hands)

I'm not too sure what to make of this, although my first thought was "at BBJ 2/4 $124.00 leaves the table every 100 hands vs. $88.00 at normal 2/4".

However, the increase in average pot size was larger than the increase in average rake (although sample size and table selection could be factors here).

I'm still not sure what this says about playing the BBJ tables. I think for the next few months, I'll play the normal tables more often and see if I can really notice much of a difference.

I'd be curious to see the results if someone with more data than I could do a similar comparison.