View Single Post
Old 05-21-2005, 11:35 PM

Default Re: Do Fish Feel Pain? Who Cares?

[ QUOTE ]
i posted in another thread a few minutes ago about how i dont think its appropriate for people to tell other people what the y should or should not believe in. i guess if you want to torture animals i might lose some sleep over it, but it is not my place to hit you over the head with a 2x4 and tell you to stop. i am not a vegetarian, i eat meat regularly. i eat chicken all the time. animals feel pain and we need to eat animals. its the way of life. im not saying you should never hurt an animal, but unnecessary torture is ridiculous. to me, the process of making veal is ludacris and plain wrong, but if you want to eat veal then go ahead. hey ive eaten in the past myself and will in the future now and then.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just to be clear, I was not trying to tell you what to do and what not to do. You are free to have your opinion and you are free to do as you choose, I was just saying that those activities may not be best suited for you given your predisposition on the aspects involved in those activities. But again, it's your choice one way or the other...that was soley my opinion.

[ QUOTE ]
to me, the process of making veal is ludacris and plain wrong, but if you want to eat veal then go ahead. hey ive eaten in the past myself and will in the future now and then.

[/ QUOTE ]

You do see the hypocrisy in this, right? Reading that it makes absolutely no sense, and makes me believe you have no reason to feel the way you do other than emotion which is purely subjective to your perspective at a given moment.

I think that is ridiculous.

How can you say, yeah that's OK on Monday but OMG THAT IS SOOOOOO WRONG on Tuesday?

Monday: Mmmmm Veal, Pass the Salt?
Tuesday: OMFG Veal Eater, So Wrong!

Dry humor, you get the point.