View Single Post
Old 12-29-2005, 11:20 PM

Default Re: Ace High hands...

Hey bro.

Hand 1: My default against an unknown player is to bet/fold here. I will take your line if I expect to get bluff or semibluff raised frequently on the turn and/or my image is pretty bad. Here, you didn't provide any read that said your opponent was capable of this. Additionally, the 7 doesn't seem like a card that would introduce draws for him to semibluff. A T, for example, might cause some semibluffs.

Hand 2: As in hand 1, my default is to bet/fold the turn unless I expect to be checkraise very frequently. If this is not true, I think getting value from gutshot or overcard peels and protecting your hand has a higher EV than calling a river bet.

Hand 3: pretty much same thing with regards to turn check. I dont know if we can help you much with these spots unless you have some sort of read. The river bet seems close. his hand does look like a weak ace, but A9, AQ/AK, 22, 47 and hands like that are still possible. I would probably check because not all guys are good enough to value bet those weak pairs. If you think he pays off with big kings then definitely bet.