View Single Post
Old 12-29-2005, 07:43 PM

Default Re: 5/10 3handed: spewing?

[ QUOTE ]

Some alternatives:
- raise flop, call 3bet, fold turn UI (3sb)
- raise flop, bet turn and fold to a c/r (4sb)
- raise flop, take a free card and call river UI (4sb)

- call flop,turn and river (5sb)
- call flop, fold turn (1sb)

I think raising the flop is good, because it gives you some options which are cheaper than my line.

[/ QUOTE ]

As a standard vs. a Tag who 3 bet from the BB I usually call the flop – fold turn UI on that board.

I think Happydaz makes some good points, but I still think as a standard you’re better off just peeling the flop and folding the turn UI. It’s cheap and simple…

Now if you are looking to get aggressive – The flop is the place to do it, but vs. a TAG you will then almost always be forced to check the turn UI. Even when you hit your Ace you should be checking the turn sometimes (when you raised the flop) vs. a TAG.

So I think the best alternative to call flop, fold turn is:

Raise flop, take a free card and fold the river UI…occasionally betting the river when checked to UI - when you have the opportunity to convincingly represent a hand – He will check fold A9+ on some rivers, he will also check fold some pairs if a 4 flush or 4 straight materializes on the board, maybe even a three flush.

I really dislike calling down the whole way (the 5sb alternative) unless this TAG has the specific tendency of following through to the river UI religiously. Or maybe if you have been taken off a lot of hands lately and want to show down just to show down but still…