View Single Post
Old 11-26-2005, 02:09 AM

Default Re: Invited to Test new PP Beta Software

I was playing nine tables and these are my thoughts:

1. I like where they are going with this. Things are very difficult to see, but that's what you get when you reduce to such a small size.

2. I'd like to see the lobby window become the same size as the table window. Every time you open a new table the lobby window comes up full screen? Why? Why does the lobby window come up at all?

3. I'd like the option of using the default settings, which are currently in operation. In other words, you have the choice of going back and forth. I played for about a half an hour appx 230 hands, and it was a real strain on my eyes, but that's the way it goes if you're going to use this feature. There's nothing you can do about that, but what you can do is eliminate all of the superfluous distractions that make multi-tabling tedious. Unnecessary icons--screens that pop up you have no use for--having to manually resize windows.

4. I had some room left over on my 1600x1200 screen with nine tables going. I'd like to see the tables a little bit bigger and take up the entire screen.

5. I'd like the software to "remember" where you put things. When you click on a list for a game, and the box comes up telling you to take the seat, the box always comes up where it wants to come up. It should be able to come up where I put it.

6. I have two monitors. When I put four of the tables on my second monitor and hit the resize button, or the button on the right, all of the screens I moved to my second monitor jumped back to the first monitor--not good for me.

7. It would be nice to have all of your active games, that is games you are in or about to start playing in as opposed to games you're watching, go to one corner of the screen. So if you're playing in three games and watching six games, the games you're playing in would be the top three across the screen rather than scattered everywhere. Then when you join two more games they are shifted to the second row etc. This way all of your active games are next to each other.

8. All in all it's nice to see they are doing something innovative with their software. However, before it is officially released it would be best to get it running perfectly. Otherwise once it's out there it will stay just as it is, if the past is any indication of future events.