View Single Post
Old 12-25-2005, 01:00 PM

Default Re: Official Merry Christmas and Happy New Year MTT thread

Three and a half weeks ago I fell off the roof of my house about 30 feet onto the driveway. I broke my arm and most of the bones in my face, lost a lot of blood, underwent two surgeries and spent twelve days in the hospital. My jaw is still wired shut after the surgeries.
However, by most accounts, I shouldn't have even survived the fall. It was basically a miracle that I did, doubly so that I did without any brain or internal injuries, and triply so that my recovery is going so quickly. I've even managed to get back on the MTT train-- my second night out of the hospital I finished 7th in a UB $109 and a few days ago I took down the Stars $11r 25k.

I suppose my point is this: If the holiday season is a time to remember what we love in life and what we should be thankful for, right now being alive is a great gift for me. Knowing I'll make a full recovery, likewise. The love and support of my family and friends, even those from whom I least expected it, is another gift that brings joy to my heart. Last, being able to play poker again at my best (whether I want to admit it or not, poker is one of the things I love), is yet another thing I have to be grateful for.

So on this holiday... here's to life, love, and having both the way we want them.

I wish you all the same success I have had recently. Stay joyful!

-Nath