Thread: KQ flops TPGK
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2005, 12:27 PM

Default Re: KQ flops TPGK

2 cents from a donkey luckbox in training, take with several grains of salt...

What has the vilian shown down previously? Have you seen him mini-raise before and if so, what did he show down?

With suited paint, I'm not sure how you can fold to a mini-raise pre-flop. I think you're looking for something a little more meaty than TPGK, as you are playing a decent hand that you need to be able to get away from if the Flop doesn't smack you. You'd pay 10% of your stack to hit a set at this point, wouldn't you?

Post-flop....When you raise, you have to know what you're trying to accomplish and as in chess, we should be thinking about what possible future outcomes of my actions are. By the end of this hand, you've stuck in nearly 1/3rd of your stack only to fold, leaving you with little operating room.

If you're raising to drive him out, then an extra 800 into a pot of 2100 really isn't gonna do it. If you're raising 'cause you think you have the best hand and want to get more money in the middle, fine. But why fold to the raise? If you weren't willing to go to the felt with your hand, then the raise does nothing but waste 800 chips for information you really don't know how to read.

I realize calling is usually the worst of our 3 options, but I don't know if a case couldn't be made for it here. A raise large enough to drive him out, will most likely tie you to the pot and folding just seems too weak to me.

As you played it, I'd have a hard time folding but hope I could find it in me. You're not too desperate but not in good shape either with T2700 behind.

You're obviously toast to AA, AK, KK (unlikely), 66 and 88. Ahead of 55-QQ and any suited-connector/flush draw.

You have no read as you stated, you don't know what the mini-raise means. Would he do it with a big pair, a small pair or any connector? What does his flop re-riase mean? Could he do that with a pure flush draw, would he do it with QQ-99 on a K high board, or does it mean he has a amde hand?

I can't fear the spades, call the T400 bet and re-evaluate on the Turn.

I feel like I'm rambling so I'll go make another drink [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]