View Single Post
Old 11-09-2005, 01:10 PM

Default Re: Making the next leap

[ QUOTE ]
Afraid there is no secret formula to beating the higher limit games. And no one is really going to be able to offer any insights or advice without knowing anything about how you play in general.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course, this is obvious (but seeing as obvious things often need pointing out, it is appreciated).

How would I get people to know how I play in general? Exchange hand histories? hire a coach (i can't afford to pay ridiculous sums to a coach)? I've posted hands here in the past, but i usually have trouble figuring out which hands to post because i make decisions so fast, right or wrong. I rarely truly think for a long time. If the price is right and I have a reasonable (read: +EV) shot at winning I call. If I feel I'm best and will get called if I raise, I raise. With more complicated plays (free cards, check-raising to knock out middlemen, bluffs, and semibluffs) thrown in when I think they'll work. These are standard plays at full games that don't always do good at ring games because hand ranges are so wide.