View Single Post
Old 12-10-2005, 01:13 AM

Default Re: I c/c c/c donk my flush draw HU

Alobar,

Couple more comments. I think you need to play a flush draw heads up against a single opponent with more of a holistic perspective. The way you played this hand sucks. You didn't take advantage of a draw that provides you with enough backup so that a semi-bluff becomes a profitable move. It looks like you just played this hand in complete isolation and then decided to try something on the river. Trying something on the river I think is okay. It'll probably work sometimes. But playing a flush draw heads up against a steal raiser like this all the time I think is a bad use of a good draw.

What do you do if you hit your flush on the river? How much are you going to make on it? Think about how much you win and lose overall with your plan.

I think you can make more by giving your opponent a chance to fold the best hand by semi-bluffing/playing the hand fast.

If you are going to semi-bluff, I like to choose the turn because that's how most people anticipate a J being played. Quite a few TAGs will give up right there with a lot of holdings. I think a flop check raise with a paired board and a flush draw is an autocalldown with K high(it is for me). I think you can actually get some aces to fold, especially if you fire the 3rd barrel even if you miss.

Krishan