View Single Post
Old 11-11-2005, 05:45 PM

Default Re: VARIANCE at Party $50NL SH?

[ QUOTE ]
12ptbb/100 is sustainable at this level.

thanks for your response. also, if anyone could give me any general tips on how to play at tables with 2+ maniacs i'd appreciate it

[/ QUOTE ]
The key here in my opinion, is not to fall in love with marginal hands on the flop. (eg. TPTK, or even two pair depending on the board. Granted, yes they are strong, and very well may be the best hand, but if a LAg is willing to throw his stack in against you after you raise/3bet, odds are he has you.) It goes without saying that you should be playing top hands preflop so that you're getting in there with the best of it, but an important point is to realize that LAgs can hold practically anything on the flop. Basically, you have to pick your spots, and make sure that you capitalize on them as best as you can. The strategy of a decent LAg is to put pressure on the weak, but know where and when to cut their losses.

So a frequent anti-LAg strategy of mine is to wait until I flop a monster, feign weakness and check/call (or check/raise, depend on how much he bet or how willing he is to call) the flop AS LONG AS he's betting enough for him not have insufficient odds to outdraw me. (I don't know what others think of this strategy, but I have found it to be relatively effective.) Basically the purpose of this is to have the villain willingly throw a good amount of his stack in the pot so that it's hard for him to get away from on the turn or river, as a frequent weapon of theirs is the overbet.

Basically don't mess with attempts to bluff if you know they're going to call you, and definitely, don't do anything fancy.

I'll concede that I am no pro, and I welcome criticism of this post as well. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]