View Single Post
Old 09-28-2005, 04:06 PM

Default Re: Interesting Hand from WPT Aruba

While I don't hate the move and would argue that it is at least marginally +EV, it's a play I would avoid at this level of the tournament. With blinds this low and all the internet qualifiers still in, I think someone of your skill level could find better spots than this to get chips. My biggest problem with this move is that you called the initial raise after two callers. This almost always indicates some kind of hand that you want to play multiway (e.g. suited connectors, suited Ax, 22-88, etc.) I think it will be really hard to get a thinking player to fold 77-99 here or even two mid-broadway cards. Don't forget, tricky player might know you know why he raised.

That said, if this move did work (and I hope for your sake it did), I would turn those cards up in a heartbeat and show the table that you're nuts. I'd imagine showcasing here to be quite +EV until your table breaks.

Update us with the results! Also, good luck down there and please post more interesting hands/anectdotes from the island.