View Single Post
Old 12-15-2005, 07:54 AM

Default Re: Backing into the money: bad idea MTT, but how about STT?

heres my thoughts.. in the bigger buyins, ie, the step 5 minis and higher, it is ESSENTIAL to get first because of the payout structure. anything else is nigh meaningless. also, the bubble is a ton softer. in the s5 mini and s4 higher, for 4th and 5th you dont even get a buyin back, and for 3rd you only get about 50% more than your buyin, NOT INCLUDING RAKE. this is insane to me. so, first is key still. also, most people pretty much know how to play, and arent getting too outta line.. but if you can pick the people that are, you can make a few calls you wouldnt ordinarily in order to bump up your chance of first. remember, if you can get 2% higher first and 3% lower 2nd or 3rd, yer making a TON more.

in the 215s.. i actually dont hate not going nuts itm early or on the bubble hwen you dont need to. obvoiusly take advantage of all those very +Ev pushes and make effective use of being the big stack.. but when yer not, its ok to sit back a bit as everyone calls and pushes too many hands as it is. thats my little experience from the last 600 or so 215s ive played. just some thoughts. holla