View Single Post
Old 09-14-2005, 04:42 PM

Default Re: $215: Interesting use of the min. bet

[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand any part of the play of this Hand [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
1.) You have told me "ad nauseum" to stay away from hands like Q-Joff in the early going.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't play Q-J early in a SNG if you will put this opponent on A-J with that action on the turn. Nor can you play it if you will pay-off A-Q when you both make a queen. But if you don't make either of those mistakes, and you are capable of inducing a bluff from an ace that misses, almost any hand is profitable from late position against a min-raiser preflop.

[ QUOTE ]

2.) I don't understand your late-position call on the flop; "pump it -or- dump it"

[/ QUOTE ]

A poker hand, like the universe, will unfold as it should. I am not afraid of the turn. Most opponents are. Let's see it.
[ QUOTE ]

3.) Your call of the min-bet on the turn must be "I've played this really bad so far; why change now"

[/ QUOTE ]

Precisely my thinking.

[ QUOTE ]

4.) I understand the call on the Riv; if he had a monster he would push

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't understand the call on the river if you don't understand the call on the turn.

[ QUOTE ]

I put him on A-Js

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the only two-card combination that it would be essentialy impossible for him to have.

Irieguy