View Single Post
Old 11-18-2005, 02:31 AM

Default Re: I say I\'m sorry as I check-raise

My experience here is great. When I play I just try to have class winning or losing. I agree you probably shouldn't have said anything. Some people will take things different ways.

I disagree with you when you say you are sorry. You yourself thought that the tens were clean outs and you wanted that pot like every other one you play.

I do think that no one wants to be shown pity by the guy who just check raised them on the river.

A couple of weeks ago this guy on my left a tourney stood up and proclaimed, "There is no God." I thought that was pretty funny, but guys like that can't be consoled when they lose.

Edit: Concerning apologizing in poker. Basically, you're never sorry when you win, its just a sympathy for the other guy. Bottom line, you play and you're on both sides enough that when you win a pot by hitting that beautiful river you have a certain sympathy for your opponent, particularly if you like him. I think I saw a broadcast where one guy said, "I'm sorry it was you but I'm glad it was me." I think sorry shouldn't be uttered but I still every now and then find myself saying it, even though I try not too. Its only natural for anyone with compassion.