View Single Post
Old 08-25-2004, 02:12 PM

Default Re: I\'m not sure what this means

Probably means nothing at this point...

I'm also on the "concentrate on ROI" bandwaggon. But then, you probably haven't played enough to know what that number truly is. You had that one big 15K cash that's gonna skew the results. Your ROI is not going to be reliable for quite some time.

My ROI still vacillates quite a bit and I have over 450 MTTs under my belt. If I were to get a top 3 in one of those monster Party "Super" tourneys, my ROI would make a huge jump. It's still not really all that reliable and I know you probably have a heck of a lot fewer than 450 tourneys (though you're catching up [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]). ROI is more straight forward concept for SNGs, but it gets tricky with MTTs, since the variance is so large it really takes a long time to get to the long run.

That being the case, I've tried to just concentrate on the EV of individual plays throughout a tourney. I try to go over the hand histories of the tourneys I play to see where I went wrong and what I did right. When playing Party tourneys, I like using that Party hand replayer. I look at and keep stats, but I try not to get too hung up on them. At least as long as ROI is positive [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

As to your style, I should probably do more of that. I tend more toward a lot of small money finishes (and bubbles), just trying to survive and eeking it out and hoping to get lucky in the late stages, vs the build or bust style of getting a monster stack early and driving it towards a big money finish or busting out on an early race. It would cut down on hours played, too, if I did that more. But again, it's probably still too soon to say with you if that's how you'll really play them in the long haul. How many MTTs have you played?