View Single Post
Old 12-15-2005, 01:25 PM

Default Re: WOW

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Glynn Beebe raises to $36,000 from the cutoff position, Joe Cassidy reraises to $136,000, and Beebe moves all in for $391,000. Joe Cassidy calls, and Beebe shows Ks-Jd. But Cassidy shows -- the Hammer! 7h-2h! Beebe is a favorite to double up here. The flop comes Qc-5c-5s, and Beebe is still in the lead with king high. But the 7d falls on the turn, giving Cassidy the lead with a pair of sevens. Beebe needs a jack or a king to stay alive, but the river card is the 2d.

Glynn Beebe is in shock as he is eliminated in 32nd place -- by seven-deuce. Joe Cassidy now has a huge lead with $1.85 million in chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cassidy has 2 mil in chips, and he just called 200K with A-high and called a 260K all-in reraise with 72. I think it's safe to say nobody is going to be playing back at him without a hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

He was getting 2.2-1 pot odds, his cards were suited and likely live. If he folds in that situation, people won't know he had 72 and will think he is weak/tight and play back at him. Very easy call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very easy? 2.2-1 is not enough against a reasonable range of shoving hands here. It is close enough that the metagame probably justifies it, but I think you guys throw around phrases like "very easy call" a little too much.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is button versus blinds. AKo is 1.6-1 against 72s. Obviously 72o is in worse shape against a pp. However, villain probably doesn't have a big hand. The KJo he had was typical.

I am pretty sure 72s is better than 2.2-1 against villain's range, but even if it wasn't, this would still be an easy call. 72s is a good restealing hand, but I am sure part of purpose of playing it to begin with was psychological.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't remember the range I gave him when even when I was playing with this earlier, but even when I gave him a huge range (any pair, any 2 broadway, any suited ace, etc.) the call was still only marginally profitable. My point is, and not to personally go after you, is that too many posters say calls are "very easy" or "standard" all the time when in fact its a very close decision.

I mean, if this is a very easy call, how much would CO have to push in for it to be a marginal call?