View Single Post
Old 12-09-2005, 07:01 PM

Default Re: boring huge draw 2/4 HU hand

He called with J9o. River was the 10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. That table filled up again or something, or maybe he just left, but I ended up playing with him at another table not too long after this, and it seems he was on huge tilt. I rivered a wheel against him (with both hole cards) and bet $35 into a $40 pot and he insta-pushed for $85 or so with eight high. A while later I raised utg (four-handed) with 64s and he min-reraised with 44 and then insta-pushed for $80 on a flop of QQ6. I insta-called. He was not pleased. I don't know what happened at any other tables he was playing, but I imagine that losing this $600+ pot going in with the best hand contributed greatly to his tilt and allowed me to score another $200 from him. Should I include that in my EV of pushing the turn? (I'm only half-joking.)

I still think that my turn push had *some* folding equity, but since this is the first time he had called a preflop reraise I really had no feel for his range of hands after the flop call. This guy may make loose calls but if he has something like ATo I can't imagine him playing a $600 pot. (But I have no idea if ATo is in his hand range at this point, so...) I've played my big hands pretty fast against him so I should have credibility here.