View Single Post
Old 12-06-2005, 02:22 AM

Default Live 6/12 3 handed, 3 hands.

Late Saturday night I walked into the poker room at Harvey's Tahoe and saw that my 6/12 game from earlier was down to 3 handed, I jumped in to make it 4 handed. The house was only dropping a buck and the table had an auto shuffler so the game moved along. I had a blast playing and it was nice for Harvey's to let the game keep going short. After about 45 mins one guy left and it was down to 3 people.

It was a pretty good game because the guys I was playing with were letting me run over the game. This was odd for me since I have a tendency to be on the tight side, but I ran good and these guys were folding too much. I had very been aggressive but had showed down some big hands and had not been caught getting out of line. Both opponents played decently and might have been winners in a full game but didnt seem to open enough in this game.

I dont think these hands are all that interesting, but I dont play 3 handed all that often, and I rarely get to play live short handed.

First 2 hands below were against the same opponent, he was pretty aggressive pre flop and was randomly aggressive post flop.

Hand #1

SB limps, I check Q6o.

Flop is 642r, he bets, I raise, he 3 bets, I call planning to raise any turn.

Hand #2 Same SB limps I check JTo. Flop is QJx rainbow. he checks I bet he calls. Turn is a King he bets, I raise.

And one hand vs the other guy. This guy was less aggressive and pretty straight forward, he was also stuck (having taken some beats) and maybe steaming a little and seemed to be getting sick of my raising.

Hand #3 He limps UTG, SB folds,I raise JJ in the BB, he calls. Flop is 665r, I bet, he raises, I call planning to c/r any turn. Is it better to just keep going on the flop? It seems like there are a lot of cards he might to check behind on the turn and he also might think Im FOS on that flop and give a lot of action.

Thoughts on all or any of these appreciated.

Edit: I also straddled on the button which I know is awesome but I really had no idea WTF because it seemed to inspire the other 2 to start 3 betting and then the pot was big big and I had the button but really lousy cards and felt lost. Someone needs to write something on this to help dumb guys like me.