Thread: 99
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2005, 04:33 PM

Default Re: 99

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Qtip, out of curiosity, why didn't you raise PF?

[/ QUOTE ]

I just hate doing that when it will be 4 handed and I'm going to be oop for the hand.

I'd rather save the bet use it to bet a lot of flops that probably missed people.

That's me, though. I'm listening if someone disagrees.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think it's close, but I would raise pre-flop.

Since everyone has shown weakness by limping, your hand is likely to be miles away better than the other three. So despite the fact that we might not like a lot of flops, I think we wanna pump it now while our equity is high. And we can still bet most flops.

[/ QUOTE ]

To say we're "miles" ahead is an overstatement imo. I'm guessing we'd average around 28%-32% equity here, course that's just considering showdown value and discounts the value of initiative.

Of course, we can always raise PF and check on the flop, but I find I have a difficult time doing that. For example, if the flop comes like AJ2r, I find myself always wanting to try to represent the A and taking a shot at the pot. Next think you know only 1 donk calls, and I want to fire again [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

So, I'm sure I do have an equity edge when I'm just putting in 25% of the money here PF (although the edge probably isn't that large), but at the same time I hate being OOP and there are a lot of flops that I don't want to see. Perhaps this is weak thinking.

I guess I'm thinking that pumping this small edge now might hurt me more if I don't play exetremely well after the flop, and I often have a hard time handling myself well with the initiative being oop against a field this size.