View Single Post
Old 12-04-2005, 02:21 PM

Default Re: Video TStone coached me on - Part 2

7:44
I don't think completing K4o is good.
Anywys, T 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] flop gets checked through
The turn is 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I see you're hesitating here. Seems like you fear of a failed C/R attempt of BB or a loose peel with OK cards that have a ton of equity against you. So you check, checked through. River is 5. BB bets out and you call.
If he's a player who tries to stab, he might have done it on the turn with hi cards/ [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], etc.
So it rather seems plausible the river actually helped him (low card).
I don't know if paying off the river in a tiny pot like this is OK.

11:55
you open in the SB with 96o against a very agressive player, aginst whom you had to give up in a similar situation some hands ago. I think that's horrible.

Flop is 452 monotone, giving you a 9-high flush draw, you check raise and he calls. Turn is an offsuit king. You lead.
I don't see you'll win often here. He'll either call you down with his marginal holdings, or raise you with better ones (he might raise/fold 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]).

If he'll 3-bet you preflop with crap hands that can be convinced not to SD against a King turn, than your original idea, to steal was wrong.

12:38
same SB vs BB situation. Now you have 55 in the SB.
He 3-bets you preflop. You cap OOP. I don't like it.
He will very rarely 3-bet you with cards that you have decent equity (55%++) against (the only example might be A4).
Flop comes A88, you bet, he raises, you fold.
I think you have to call here and try to catch a 5 on the turn.* He might even check through the turn (OK, rather unlikely).

*I'm unsure about this: you'll get paid only if you catch a 5 and he really has an ace. If he really has an ace, he's got a redraw even if you catch a 5.