View Single Post
Old 11-22-2005, 07:22 PM

Default Station break

[ QUOTE ]
You should avail yourself of a dictionary to inform yourself of the difference between a "bordering" country and a "neighboring" country.

[/ QUOTE ]
What part of "Arab states" and "front-line states" do you find hard to understand? Ask and I shall explain -- once again.

I challenge you to point out a post of mine where I mention the term "bordering nation".

[ QUOTE ]
You deliberately ignored the salient point of my comment, which was to contest your ludicrous assertion that Israel has no enemies that pose a significant military threat.

[/ QUOTE ]
Tsk tsk tsk. "Salient"; "ludicrous"! All that verbiage to refute a non-existent point!

I never claimed that Israel is not threatened. One or two of countries would surely like to harm Israel, if they could. I never claimed that Israel has no enemies. You simply dreamed this. (Can you find it in yourself to acknowledge your error and apologize?)

I will repeat, for the umpteenth time, what I wrote : " Israel has nothing to fear in military terms from its neighbours as it is militarily stronger." I went on to also posit that Israel is stronger militarily than at least all the front-line states combined!.

And I will now submit that this has practically always been the case.

...You know, we have not yet started to discuss this, in earnest. You seem stuck in the starting line of Pedantry. Let's hope you figure out the simple point I'm making, in order for us to discuss how the lack of military threat from the outside should have shaped Israeli foreign policy and America's policy towards the Middle East.

--Cyrus