View Single Post
Old 08-27-2005, 11:48 AM

Default Re: My First Year of Limit Poker (long)

[ QUOTE ]
I've also been lurking here about as long as you and seen some great posters come and go but there's always someone waiting to replace them. I think jason_t and sfer are making a lot of interesting posts and replies now. There are others too but these just popped to mind so don't feel forgotten [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Just noticed i forgot jake, awesome work with the digest, keep it up.

[/ QUOTE ]

It goes in cycles like anything else. There's been some really outstanding posts and discussions lately. When a lot of that older group graduated to higher stakes or just lost interest in the SS forum there were some lulls in quality. I'm not bothered by the always increasing amount of "easy" questions, but when the seasoned posters leave or post less and less, it's disappointing. I completely understand, as you can get tired of posting the same stuff over and over. But as a reader, it's great when the forum has some really interesting hands being posted in with the standard operating procedure type of hands.

I haven't posted many hands in the last few months largely because I have a hard time telling sometimes whether it's going to generate much discussion. Talking with people over AIM and the #sstakes IRC channel is really valuable -- if several people think it's an interesting hand there worth discussing, I'll post it up.

And yes, must give Jake some big credit too -- the Digest has been a cool addition.