View Single Post
Old 12-15-2005, 05:24 PM

Default Re: River decision/am I committed?

[ QUOTE ]
Well, in that case, as Irieguy says I'd just push the flop when it gets back to you, to stop that even being a possibility. It would be so easy for someone to bluff you off of the best hand (by some considerable distance) by pushing a draw, and you can't let that happen.

I make the decision that I'm going to the felt with this hand, and I think by raising less than all-in it gives my opponent the chance to push back on a bluff, with a hand he would likely fold to a push - whether this is good or not I don't know, as it comes under curtains' argument of being too greedy etc, it might just be best to take the t200 that is there already.

[/ QUOTE ]

In hindsight, I definately like Irie's line the best. In an effort to keep the discussion going, lets say that he repops me on the flop. Against the range of any two broadway, I am a slight favorite. Even if I modify his range to be at least two pair and AK, a call would be correct.

equity (%) win (%) / tie (%)

Hand 1: 48.1444 % [ 00.46 00.02 ] { AsAd }
Hand 2: 51.8556 % [ 00.50 00.02 ] { KK-TT, AKs-AQs, KQs, KTs, QTs, AKo-AQo, KQo, KTo, QTo }

---

Looks like my thinking is off in several cases.