View Single Post
Old 07-26-2003, 09:42 AM

Default Ok, this is silly...

I've noticed a small trend recently of, "Should I fold my big draw?" posts. Here's the answer. Ready? The answer is no. You should not fold. I don't care what the situation is, you should not fold. I don't care if it's 8 bets to you on the turn and if you lose this pot, you won't have enough to buy beer for the trip home. You still do not fold. In this example, our hero has four cards that give him the nuts (admittedly, the button is likely to have KJ), seven more that almost certainly make him the winner, and one (the T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]) that is only quite likely to make him the winner. Folding is sheer madness...

Situations where it's correct to throw away a decent draw (flush or straight draw) in limit poker are very few and far between. And when it is correct to throw the draw away, it is only very marginally so (such that, if you call, you lose very little). So don't worry about it... just put the damn chips in and pray.

This is like the "what do I do with the nuts?" posts. This is not where the money is won and lost in limit holdem (well, I take that back... if you routinely make these folds then this is where the money is lost). Stop wasting brain cycles on this crap.