View Single Post
Old 12-23-2005, 05:28 AM

Default Re: Seems like you guys spend more time talking about money than poker

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure you were never a losing player before, always a winner right from day 1, winning big money, right?

I didn't think so

[/ QUOTE ]

A number of the winners on these forums were winners from Day 1. We approached the game by reading quality 2+2 books, and in stakes we were bankrolled for, and were helped as we started by the amazing amount of information on this forum.

We didn't have to post to get this. We just read strategy posts, hand posts, bankroll posts, bonus whoring posts, anything we could. Hell, I didn't register for months after first visiting 2+2, since I didn't need to post to get the info I needed, I just had to look for it.

And by looking for it, I managed to find 5 related or totally unrelated threads that helped my game on top of the answer to the question I was looking for.

So once I started playing online poker, I was a winner. Before this, I had just played nickel and dime games of 7 Card Stud as Middle and High Schooler, and ignored Poker through my first two years of college.

If you subscribe to the theory that anything worth doing is worth doing right, you will find those sort of people began their poker careers as winners.