View Single Post
Old 12-14-2005, 06:28 PM

Default Re: A hand I didn\'t like

[ QUOTE ]
On the turn I think QJ/QT/maybe KQ is possible. On the river I don't think it is. That's my weak reasoning, since I am stepping out of the house at the moment.

[/ QUOTE ]

on the turn i would decide if i put him on JT, a set, or Q9. if I didnt, I would call and call the river. if I did, JT got there, and I certainly dont have odds to improve against that range which crushes me.

the other part of his hand range is possible just a raw gutshot, bluff type hands (like underpairs) or as you said, TP. all of these could c/r the flop HU vs a continuation bet. but again, decision is for the turn, on the river your price is too good (plus thats a good card)

coltrane,
[ QUOTE ]
I might've checked the flop....

[/ QUOTE ]

is that because you were checkraised? :P

If villain would limp/call KQ, QJ, etc etc (which tons would 5/10 imo) then I think checkng the flop leads to alot of turn+ confusion due to underrepresenting your hand. Plus, you miss clear value when they peel one off light w/ a gutshot (v possible) or w/ underpair hoping you slow down. (and obv clear value as said vs those TP hands which have low equity) *and those would simply lay down the turn.

I would check this flop w/ JJ and TT.

edit, i dont mean tp lays down on turn, i mean gutshots do.