View Single Post
Old 12-21-2005, 01:36 PM

Default Re: Live mutlis, poor players, deviation, taking chances

I don't have PH in me concerning races. One weakness is that I have contempt for my opponents so I underestimate what they are capable of doing, right or wrong. So yea I am not giving credit where its due. But I have seen some idiots out there. I have also seen weak players that think on one level. I call how it is.

Most players in these tournaments are:

loose 1 level thinkers that will toss their chips in with a medium pair, over 80% of the field is like this. They think about their hands only and if your bluffing or not. They either throw their hands in disgust when they face a higher pair or say "I knew you were bluffing" in a race AQ vs 88. Some are idiots, most are just loose and careless with their chips.

10% play well but dont go beyond level 2 thinking. They think about pot odds, their hand, your hand. Not position, the opponent's style, not how much was bet usually. They don't take into account risk analysis for their play and their opponents.

10% are smart. They play the player, the odds, their hands, your hands, bet appropriately, and some are LAGs and damn good. Not sure about their player reading abilities.

Hey maybe in other poker rooms the competition is tougher, I don't know. I heard of places where even the 36 live cash games was tough and other places where 10/20 was soft. I just know what I know about Florida.