View Single Post
Old 12-21-2005, 12:38 PM

Default Re: Live mutlis, poor players, deviation, taking chances

I don't know exactly what it is, but the tone of your post really doesn't convince me that you are better than your opponents. It sounds like you have a little Phil Hellmuth in you in that whenever someone wins a race with AQ versus your JJ you think they got lucks, and when 77 pushes into your UTG raise and beats your AK, they played poorly and is an 'idiot'.

Calling other players idiots in -EV in my opinion. Calling them loose, passive, simple or maybe even poor makes sense to me. But calling others idiots based on not playing the same way you would is not really fair to your opponenets, and I think that not giving credit to opponenets can be a dangerous thing.

You ask "How the hell can I win all the races when the players call every time I push?" You answered this question, but losing races is poker. Avoiding races is the key for you I guess, and you did address this.

But you also said you thought it was a bad thing to get your money in a 75% favorite 4 times in a row. It's not. If you are consistently in for all of your money, maybe you need to work on your in-between play. We all lose an 80% all-in pot in tournies. You just have to hope that you do it when you are a much larger stack than your opponent.

When you get busted on the 2nd hand of a tourney with AA versus 10-9 suited all-in preflop, do you think "How can I avoid this next time?" No. You want your money in here every time.

Brad