View Single Post
Old 06-15-2005, 11:52 PM

Default Re: Ways in which Republicans love freedom...

I will admit there are things I like about both Republicans and Democrats. I would actually consider myself to be a Libertarian at heart but there is not enough support out there to make it a "Viable" party. So due to the Republican conservative economic views and support of the second ammendment they get my vote. I just really wish they would keep their damn noses a little bit more out of folks personal business.

As far as second amendment goes: I do feel pretty strongly about my right to keep and bear arms. I do not think it is outdated and certainly doesn't "suck". BTW, just saying something "Sucks" really doesn't make for much of a valid arguement. I believe I have the right to own as many weapons as I want, I have the right to use those weapons to fill every tag and permit I buy to kill Deer, Elk, Antelope, Buffalo, Turkeys and any other legal game animal that I can hunt and I have the right to use those animals to feed myself and my family, which I do. I do not believe guns are the evil things some people make them out to be. The bad guys are the evil things out there who hurt other people. If we didn't have guns the bad guys would be killing other people with stone knives and clubs.

I guess you can be glad that you live in a place that lets you decide if you want to have a gun or not. I am glad I have the choice to own guns. I am equally glad that you have the right, not to mention the freedom and safety in your day to day life to not own a gun.