View Single Post
Old 02-06-2005, 01:00 AM

Default My thoughts

Ok, so pretty little interest in this one. I considered it pretty debatable all around so I'll just add some thoughts.

Flop: I think this is really close between all three options. When I first started playing this game I usually folded here. Then I started raising a lot. Once I discovered that isolating is impossible in this game, I started limping along in position a lot more, hoping that I could actually control the hand better. But I'm considering going back to raising. Can I really not have at least my share of equity on average?

Flop: This has always been basically an autoraise for me but some threads in mid-high got me thinking about the value of waiting for the turn, planning to raise "good" cards and call others. Still not sure about this one.

Turn: This one backfired but I'm still not sure it wasn't the right play. Against this BB, I do think I have some chance of folding A9, K9, or another Q9 here. When he led the flop I thought it was J9 at best, maybe JT, neither of which I thought would three bet. I also thought the fish limper would definitely come along for my raise and possibly for two more with any piece. With second pair, a flush draw, and a gutshot it seemed like it would be hard to go wrong pumping this thing.

River: I just can't see the BB 3-betting me on the turn with anything I could beat.