View Single Post
Old 11-29-2005, 02:19 AM

Default Re: Should I quit? 35k hands at 1/2 and still breaking even..Stats inside

Preflop could use a bit more raising, but that's something that can come later in your development. It's also possible that a large amount of your low winrate can be attributed to variance, though it's also possible that only a negligible amount is due to variance.

The main thing I am concerned about is your postflop play. The best way to work on it is to post hands here in the SS forum and to read other hands and try commenting on them. (Don't worry if you're wrong and don't take any criticisms of your ideas personally.)

Your aggression factor is high. On the one hand, that is encouraging -- tight and aggressive is the way to go. But at the same time, you may be raising or folding when you should be calling. It's hard to tell without seeing hands. You could be overplaying overcards or you could be folding weak draws when you have odds to hit them. You could also be folding too much on the river. In general, you should usually end up seeing more than 31% of showdowns and win less than 56% of showdowns. (Winning less frequently can still result in a higher winrate.) But you cannot approach the game by artificially seeing more showdowns, you have to study your game and see where you might be making incorrect folds.

I can't say what is happening without watching you play or at least seeing some hands you have played. So post the ones that you seem most confused about. Keep reviewing hand histories from your sessions to learn from and keep trying to match the concepts in the various poker books (SSHE, TOP, etc.) to the games you are playing in.