View Single Post
Old 09-07-2005, 01:41 AM

Default Re: txaq007\'s Inescapable Error

I highly appreciate your honest response, but still have a few more questions.

[ QUOTE ]
I did this because I felt something was missing in my life. That something was Jesus. I pray to Him, and He answers my prayers. He speaks to me through the Bible, through others in my life, through experiences. He's even helping me form the right words as I type this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you please provide some examples, if you have some that aren't too private, regarding the specfic prayers that you believe were answered by God's intervention?

I don't intend this in a rude way, but how do you know you that your brain doesn't use the illusion of God to fill that void you were seeking? This would explain why many people of different theistic religions and cultures all seem to experience a similar psychological satisfaction by discovering the God they were seeking.

If you assume i'm right and that this is an illusion, then, your view of the world will always be in that frame of reference. Once someone changes into this new frame of reference, things that can exist without God are suddenly now associated with God's intervention. I compare this to a poker player who knows that party is rigged and sees convincing evidence for this every time he plays on the site. This poor poker player's mistake is believing that an outside force is intervening with the indepedent outcomes. Through proper investigation, he could realize that what he saw and believed to be an intervention was actually an event that could occur independent of an outside force. So, my question to you is what things have convinced you that the Christian God must exist for that event to have occured?

For example, God is not a necessary explanation for the content of your post. How do you know this didn't occur independent of God?