Thread: Loosey Goosey?
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2005, 10:59 AM

Default Re: Results

[ QUOTE ]
as a player you have to be thinking long term. over the long run when you are in this position you will be beat on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Undeniably true - as far as it goes. We can't let long term outlooks cloud our tactical judgements. If we do that, we become weak-tight. If we start talking ourselves into knowing with 90% certitude that we are beat, we will throw away a lot of money.

[ QUOTE ]

thats why ppl do not bother to post the results. what matters is the information we had when we made the play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, true.

[ QUOTE ]

i think you try to analyze your players hand too much. just put him on a range of hands. he had A7, but he could have had all those other hands thatg beat you and normally will.

[/ QUOTE ]

Too much? Can one analyze an opponent's hand too much?

I did put him on a range of hands - throughout the hand. And I was certainly aware that he could have had a hand that beat me. But his betting patterns and past history made me suspicious.

At the river the main concern in my decision to call, is whether I can be certain he is not bluffing. I only have to pay 1 bet to win 12, so I have to be pretty darn certain. In the long term, if I fold to his bet, I will lose money.

Regards,

T