View Single Post
Old 11-19-2005, 02:39 AM

Default Re: Temp Results

[ QUOTE ]
Please, just give me an example of potential long run results, and tell me what those results would mean. For example, lets say K9o, Q9o, J9o, T9 lose -.04, -.07, -.08, -.09 respectively. What meaning do you draw out of that?

[/ QUOTE ]
I think I can answer that.

If we folded every one of those hands all of the time, our loss rate would be around -0.12 bb/hand. This is derived by taking the amount of both blinds (-0.75 bb) and dividing it by average players at the table (5.3), which is -0.1415 bb/hand. That number needs to be adjusted slightly in our favor in order to compensate for the times we get a walk in the big blind.

By playing these hands in profitable spots (which according to HUSH would be button, blinds and sometimes the CO), we are able, not so much get those hands in the green, but to reduce our losses.

By taking a collection of overall winrates for these hands from only winning players (breakeven to 3bb/100 winners), we can determine a relatively accurate hand value for each one. That information is extremely useful in determining where you or I should be with all hands in terms of winrate, and will also provide a more accurate guide for opening certain hands in certain situations.

Just entertain vkh for 2 minutes of your time and provide your personal stats. He's willing to invest much more of his time for our benefit.