View Single Post
Old 06-24-2005, 06:07 PM

Default Re: Chip spewing or good aggressive play?

[ QUOTE ]
I was shocked, SHOCKED the first time I looked at my poker tracker stats and found out that AQo was my biggest loser. I'm only treading water over the last 5000 hands, so take my ramblings with a 1000 mg salt pill... .

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think your sample size is large enough to determine whether or not specific hands are profitable. AQo is one of my better winners as is AJs.

[ QUOTE ]

In this situation, I think you let your ego get ahead of your cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

perhaps.

[ QUOTE ]

Your dream was the runner runner nut flush, or some sort of overcard draw. Reality was that this guy was way ahead postflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

He was very marginally ahead on the flop, he picked up a great draw on the turn.

[ QUOTE ]

His strategy is "no free cards," and it can crush, CRUSH someone who is tight-agressive. He's looking to get any measly pair against overcards, and then play fast post-flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

His strategy is actually raise pf,bet flop,bet turn, check river regardless of his holdings.

[ QUOTE ]

The fact that you're so tight pre-flop might be making you want to play most loosely post-flop, and blinds you to the reality of your meager Ace high holding.

[/ QUOTE ]

My hand is much better than just A high. Any diamond,Ace, or 9 gives me the win.

I wrote up a little something also, It says:

AGGRESSION
AGGRESSION
AGGRESSION