View Single Post
Old 11-25-2005, 12:53 AM

Default Re: Howard Lederer\'s commentary: overrated.

off the top of my head:

juanda using the equity he banked by playing tight early on, and how with the huge blinds he is probably the favorite because he is a great preflop player

ivey perhaps being out of his element in a preflop contest as his strength is deep-stacked situations being a cash game player

ferguson being the most likely to make marginal and mathematically sound calls, and having the best technical understanding of the game

hellmuth having a tendency to call raises and limp in wanting to take flops while many players would be more likely to reraise before the flop.

hansen being the most active player and his general style of opening the most pots. also i thought it was funny when he said after gus called with the Q8 "okay i'm not even going to try to guess what gus hansen is going to do anymore"

devilfish being perhaps the best player in the field with a big chiplead. also anticipating his chips evaporating if he didn't slow down opening so many pots.

i think you are just clouded by the fact that you expect him to be good because he is a top pro. to even put him in the same breath as the ESPN commentators is just ridiculous. the commentary is just in a completely different league.