View Single Post
Old 11-21-2005, 04:02 PM

Default Re: party 30/60 hand I\'m not happy with

Why put him on an ace? I guess the theory is that he has two pair or a set and is afraid that you won't protect your J. I think he has a stupid J that he didn't want to fold, and is taking a shot, but maybe because I know the results. I think you are good here more than 1 in 10. You have the BB beat nearly every single time, so the question is does 1 in 10 unknown play this goofily.... ?

I say this, because you might find yourself saying he has to be a goofball to fire twice here, and I'll find out because utg called him down -- rather than, is the pot big enough to cover the possibility that he is a goofball, because utgs call is pretty irrelevant. I mean, you prolly woulda called if utg folded. And if the turn got checked through and then he came out betting, you prolly woulda called for a smaller pot... no?

The point I was trying to make is that you didn't base the call decision so much on the likelihood your hand was good as much as your desire to see the hand. In retrospect, if that was most important, fold the turn.