Thread: Big Pots
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2004, 05:00 PM

Default Re: Big Pots

I'm not sure if you were talking about me, but I diid mention the backdoor straight draw at one point.

Honestly, the hand is hard for me to judge.

I don't really know who is doing the betting/rasing or much of the preflop action. The backdoor straight draw is there, but is your set going to be good if you even hit it? I need to know more about the action in this hand to make a better read. I wouldn't be surprised if someone with a set of fours was the upset opponent. I know your cards are live if someone actually had a set of fours, but that's not my point. I think in a pot this multiway, with some of the action that apparently went down, I would have to lean towards folding because of the chance that I could be drawing dead. Of course, if I actually made a set on the flop, I wouldn't live in constant fear of set over set, but I worry a little more when I'm drawing to one and the pot is that multiway with heavy action. But I'm still lacking enough information on the action to really get the feel of the action.

If you are drawing dead, all you have is your backdoor straight draw, which isn't worth very much. I don't discount the straight draw as much as the set outs.