Thread: Caro Article
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2005, 03:09 AM

Default Re: Caro Article

What about my points about the psychology books? I truly believe that, once a player understands how to play the game straightforwardly, that's the next step really. That's where I'm at. I can play the game straight, I don't doubt that. But, in order for me to move up to the next level, the psychological aspect becomes increasingly important. To play devil's advocate without having read the article, there probably is some truth to what Caro is saying. I mean, if you, Caro, Sklansky and a few others of your caliber are sitting at a table playing limit hold em, regardless of the limit, math really doesn't matter. Maybe you and David have a slight edge there because of your backgrounds (I don't know Caro's mathematic background) but in order for any one of you to win more than the others you need to outsmart the others. All of you would understand the math well enough to be able to make the most mathematically sound decisions. It would then come down to outfoxing the other players. Personally I couldn't sit at that table because both my math and psychological skills aren't there yet, however, through practice, reading and participation in these forums, maybe one day I will be able to compete at your level.
By the way, I'm flattered that someone of your stature agrees with something I said. I guess I am making progress.
Edit...And another thing, isn't it good for business when people talk about you, even in a negative way? Doesn't it make others interested in you to the point that they buy your books just to see what the hype is about?