View Single Post
Old 11-26-2005, 06:46 AM

Default Re: Split the NL forums again?

[ QUOTE ]
i think the forum is fine how it currently is.

granted 3/6 isn't going to directly translate over to 25-50, but a number of important concepts and situations do.

people are going to be terrible and tough at all levels, and most posts take into account both how the table is playing in general, and the particular players involved.

i do however think the forum could use more stringent moderation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right now a lot of us that play at the mid stakes don't really feel like we fit in too well in either forum. The journey from .10/.25 to 10/20 is more than just "aha! I suddenly know how to play high stakes poker!" The low limits are riddled with completely clueless players that make so many fundamental mistakes that any ABC player can easily defeat them. The high stakes games feature a lot of players that are thinking on the 43rd level that know all the odds and know basic hand reading. But there is a lot of middle ground where most players are paying attention and thinking past the first level. They know enough to beat a simple ABC player, but they can still be fooled and may not mix up their own play enough. Most of the things I'm thinking about during a 2/4 hand are irrelevent to a .25/.50 player. Right now it takes quite a bit of time to search through the forums to sort out the mid-stakes hands from the low-stakes hands (since the stakes often aren't mentioned in the thread title.)