View Single Post
Old 03-23-2005, 05:44 PM

Default Re: 11 left and I\'m against the chip leader

What is the chip leader's stack?

I hate the flat call on the flop. His raise could mean a few things:
-He has a hand, and wants to juice the pot. (I hate his min-raise if this is the case.)
-He has a flush draw and wants to buy a free river if you check the turn.
-He has nothing, but thinks you may be stealing with nothing as well. His plan is to raise here and then steal on the turn.

The problem with the flat call is that you don't know any more after calling than you did before, and you're facing a decision out of position. None of your options are good - you can bet, but you may be doing so with the worse hand. If you check, he is going to steal the pot from you.

The better plan for the flop, I think, would have been to go for a check-raise, and if he calls, bet at any turn. If he doesn't have the goods, it will be very difficult for him to continue with the hand. If he calls the CR, you have a much better idea where you stand. If you bet out, and he min-raises, I actually prefer re-popping it to simply calling. It is a risk, but you are telling him you have a hand, and if he doesn't he should fold.

Edit: Sorry, I missed that the ten made your two-pair. I was blinded by the flush draw. Soss is right on with this one. Lead out the turn, or CR all-in.

Sam