View Single Post
Old 12-19-2005, 05:00 PM

Default Re: I got someone at Absolute fired ( Microbob long)

[ QUOTE ]
At some point it becomes more than just a T-shirt.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh jeez you just reminded me of my war against blockbuster. about 7 years ago i rented a movie from them a returned it on time. a week later i got a postcard saying i had a late fee for the movie. i wrote a letter that day to the manager of the store and addressed it to him personally and told him the day i brought it and which employees were working that day.

(i used to work in a video store in college so i know mistakes happen.)

a few days later i called the store and asked about the charge. the employee said, "no charges on your account." i thought "oh great." and went on about my business.

at the end of the month i got a credit card bill and found out i had been charged for the late fee. yes, the store charged my credit card that's why the employee said there was no late fee. so the manager of the store not only decided to charge my account, he decided not to call me about it and ignore my letter completely.

i called the store and the manager didnt return my call after several days.

i wrote a letter to blockbuster headquarters to tell them what happened and told them to cancel my account. i wrote a letter to the better business bureau. i called the credit card company and had the charges reversed and canceled my credit card. all that over a $4 late fee. pretty stupid but it wasnt about the late fee any longer.

seven years later and i have not rented from blockbuster. btw i never even heard back from blockbuster headquaters.

bwana