View Single Post
Old 06-09-2005, 05:13 PM

Default Hiatus...(no real content)

I've decided to take a short break from playing poker. I've got about 10k hands at 1/2 in now and still in the red overall. This comes after 20k hands at .50/1 and 3+ BB/100. So that's been frustrating me alot, which has been affecting my play. It seems like a constant struggle to break even. blah blah blah, none of that's really important anyway. Matter of fact this post isn't all that important either. I think it's mostly just cathartic for me.
Anyway, I've developed a back log of books that need reading, both poker and non. So I'm going to take some time to read those (and re-read where necessary). Also, after a 13 year break, I've decided to go back to school. So I've applied and all that good stuff. Now it's time to brush up on a few things before I get started. I'm also going to whittle down the honey-do list a bit, and quit smoking.
Hopefully in a month or two I'll be able to come back into the game, more knowledgable and refreshed and ready to play (so that I can continue to break even at 1/2 [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]).

I'll probably still periodically read the boards during this time, but won't be playing at all, so I will probably refrain from posting any strategic content (which I haven't really done lately anyway). So, yeah....like I said, no real content, just sharing.