View Single Post
Old 12-22-2005, 03:30 PM

Default Re: $22: hand w/ post flop play

[ QUOTE ]
Everything is fine until the turn. Check behind on that turn. Your holding is still kind of mediocre, and if you're going to bet and fold you're missing out on the value the OESD you just picked up offers. (PS - call that turn minraise. You're getting the odds to draw to the straight, particularly since there's a lot of interest here. You'll be up against another JT surprisingly often, I think, but you still have good value here) Take the card, and if you don't make the straight, make your river decision based on the action ahead of you. The decision will be calling or folding, as your middling hand is not one you should be raising with here. Checking behind if there's no bet and you didn't make a straight is a no-brainer here, in my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, the thing is, if I was playing a 55 (I've only played a few of them), I'd be more likely to check behind on the turn. But at a 22, my thinking (obviously it could be flawed) is that value betting is king. The flop bet was only 40, so these guys could be calling me with just overs, you know?

If the pot had been heads-up, betting would be fine, but since I had two callers, I guess it was wrong.

As for not calling the mini-raise, well, again, it's a lower limit thing. Mini-raise followed by flat call told me that someone had a monster and wanted to suck me in. If I'm up against TQ, I'm drawing for a split.