View Single Post
Old 12-30-2005, 03:13 PM

Default Re: Two hands against some crazy players

Second hand - I think you play it okay (check the river planning on calling any bet, hoping to induce a bluff from the missed flush draw). Possibly better is a value bet on the river. He could easily have one pair and pay off a value bet, like $10 or $15.

First hand - personally I don't like reraising preflop with AJs, I know he's on a huge range and it's probably good value to reraise preflop, but I'd rather just call and wait and see a good flop before I make the pot big. With the reraise the pot is already big and you sort of have to play with middle pair. If you didn't reraise, I could see betting smaller and possibly getting away from this pot. Even against crazy loose players, I hate to play a big pot with middle pair, though a better read on them postflop would help. Would they get all-in postflop with bottom pair or weak middle pairs? Many LAGs will play super loose-aggressive preflop, but play pretty solid on the flop, in which case he probably has you beat. BTW once you raise preflop, the pot is so big and your stack is so short you may as well just push the flop.