Thread: Preflop quiz
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2005, 06:23 AM

Default Re: Preflop quiz

Wrote my answers down when I posted it, here they are:

1) J8o SB after one limp:

Call, probably not that close.

2) K2s in BB after limp and SB raise:

Probably a fold, but seems close to a call.

3) J8o limp vs BB raise and limper fold:

I folded, but may be a call considering the extra dead money.

4) 98s in MP after limp:

I´m usually pretty raise or fold when first or 2 into a pot, but think limping looks good here, when the pfrs behind are fairly low.
Raising cant be that bad though.

5) A6o on the button after limp:

I folded, but think this may be a spot where i miss value.
It´s probably close between raise/fold since the blinds seem loose, but I´d prefer raise to get a chance of getting HU/3way with the limper guy with low wsd.

6) K7s in BB vs 2 limps:

I checked, but was considering raising, if they fold often on the flop, then raising may be better. I´d raise K9s.

7) 98s first in MP:

I think this is good enough to play vs bad players, so I raised as it may get me closer to the button. Considering how low their pfrs are, then limping may be better.

8) A9 in SB vs raise and coldcall:

Easy fold I guess, think I missed that I only have 10 hands on the opener when I took the screenshot.
Think I may have to call it was a 100 hand sample instead.

9) A5s in MP vs limp:

I prefer raising here to get the two Taggy players behind out and get a chance of playing with position. There is also a pretty good chance of folding a better hand from either TAG when I raise here.

10) A8s vs limp, raise and coldcall:

I called here at 5:1, not sure if it´s close though.

11) JTo in CO vs limp:

I usually fold here, but have been trying to loosen up. I thought I´d need to hit something to win and didn´t think it would get raised that often, so I limped.

12) Q5o in SB vs limp:

Easy fold for me, but wondering what the people with 5-10% higher vpip in the SB play that I dont.

13) T8 in SB vs 2 limpers:

I call and doesn´t seem close. Wanted to check up on some of those too though.

14) J8o first in from SB:

Think I should have raised even though this guy have a low pfr since he do have a reasonable blind fold number.

15) 98 vs limp and SB raise:

I folded, but would call if I was closing the action. Not sure if I´m right though.