Thread: Preflop quiz
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2005, 05:51 AM

Default Re: Preflop quiz

Oh, maybe I'll learn something here.

1) J8o SB after one limp:
I'd complete. The pot odds are certainly there (or?) so I guess it's all about knowing how to play postflop?

2) K2s in BB after limp and SB raise:
I'd fold. It looks like the immediate odds are ok, but since the limper will limp with a lot of kings, and the preflop raiser may have us dominated in all kinds of ways, I believ this one is too tough to play postflop. For me anyway.

3) J8o limp vs BB raise and limper fold:
Fold. The dude is passive preflop and is now raising a limper and the SB. Your equity in this hand should be around the immediate pot odds, if that, and even if you flop a jack you will only be ahead a tiny percentage of the time.

4) 98s in MP after limp:
Hmmm...

5) A6o on the button after limp:
Fold. You will very rarely get it HU, and the guy will surely limp with some aces better than yours, as well as worse of course.

6) K7s in BB vs 2 limps:
Check. It looks like you might have a preflop equity against their ranges (I suck at ranges though). It also looks like you will have to take your hand to showdown against at least one opponent very often, so the question is, do you gain more by raising preflop compared to waiting for a nice flop and then take advantage of your superior postflop skills?

7) 98s first in MP:
Hmmm...

8) A9 in SB vs raise and coldcall:
Fold. Too tough to play this hand profitably postflop. Or? What about A9s?

9) A5s in MP vs limp:
If you raise you might loose the two tighter players behind you. You will still most likely play a 3 or 4-handed pot, but I guess that's ok with that hand, being last to act and being the better player. Would suck to be get 3-bet by one of the player behind us. Hmm... I think this hand is a bit too marginal to raise, so I vote limp.

10) A8s vs limp, raise and coldcall:
Hmm... call? Think I might've loosened up too much in spots like this though.

11) JTo in CO vs limp:
Questionable limp? The hand is marginal, but we want to play against bad opponents?

12) Q5o in SB vs limp:
Fold.

13) T8 in SB vs 2 limpers:
Fold. Looks like you may have the equity to call preflop, but won't it be very tough to play this hand postflop the flop comes really nice? They are limping with some hands that dominates here, aren't they?

14) J8o first in from SB:
Hmm.. You are a tiny favorite against a random hand, but he won't fold very often postflop, will he? He will rarely raise preflop either, so how about completing, see the flop and take it from there?

15) 98 vs limp and SB raise:
Fold. Your equity is borderline at best. Once again, I suck at putting opponents on ranges.

Now, help me improve my preflop play!