View Single Post
Old 12-15-2005, 05:46 PM

Default Re: KK makes set and gets donked...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Grunch:

Flop is fine, though for the wrong reason. You want to call here so you can raise the turn making him pay the extra big bet vs a small bet for the flush. And if the flush hits on the turn, depending on your read of Villain, you either want to raise it here and see what he does or c/c to the river.

Turn and river are fine I think you extracted as much money as you can from this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

zactly

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry I don't agree. Also, one thing I left out is just calling allows the lone A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] to continue cheaply. If Hero had black Kings this would be even worse.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not agreeing is great. It's why we are here.

So my thoughts, the only hand the hero really fears is the flush (perhaps a straight) and if the flush comes on the turn there will be enough in the pot to continue on to the river drawing to the full house or better.

What happens if we raise on the flop? As Psuedo said the next guy get's 6:1 to draw and the odds get better for the next guy. So our opponents with a flush draw, a pair and a flush draw, or some straight draw are probably getting the right odds to draw. But they are not getting the correct odds for having only the Ace of diamonds if we just call.

If we wait til the turn to raise, then we will have a much better idea of where we stand with respect to flushes and straights. If a blank falls, we can jam it only worrying about river knowing that one of the diamonds gives us a fullhouse.

In short, I think our pot equity skyrockets if a blank falls on the turn and that's the time to get into a raising war.